Saturday 27 July 2013

The Hobbit took on the Mountain



22.7.13

 
Hi all

Well on 20th July 2013 I attempted to climb Ben Nevis. Unfortunately I only got half way
(2.5 miles) It was in 30 degree heat (trust me to pick the day Scotland has a heat wave!).
It took me 6 hours to get to the half way point, walking (and sometimes being carried) over very rocky roads. I was convinced to turn back as it would have taken us another 6 hours to get to the top and by then we would be coming down in the dark, and we were not equipped for a night walk. Plus out water was running out.

It was very hard going but I am proud that I did it and got as far as I did.
My friends helped me back down, and the next day there wasn’t a part of my body that didn’t ache. The sweat had run down into my socket and pooled at the end of my stump so the next day the skin had rubbed off and it was now raw and pain full. Lucky I took my chair!
 
I just want to thank everyone that supported me, we raised over a Thousand pounds for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance!!! and I hope that I have inspired you to set your own goals, and remember NEVER GIVE UP!


At the start.
From Left Dave, Andy, Martin (orange man), Cliff, Cassie, Me, Gary







 

No comments:

Post a Comment